ESL Grades 9 to 12

(905) 470-8178

If you have any questions, please Email Us

Can I talk to someone who speaks my language?

Our ESL High School has a bilingual Mandarin-English speaking Office Administrator who is available from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Where do your graduates go?

Graduates from Town Centre study at well-known Canadian universities including the University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo, McMaster University and others among the 17 universities in Ontario. Graduates also attended universities in the other Canadian provinces, the United States and in the United Kingdom. Visit our University Acceptance page for the list of universities and fields of study for the Graduating Class of 2019.

What extracurricular opportunities exist for my child?

Actors. Diplomats. Humanitarians. Entrepreneurs. These are just some of the futures Town Centre students prepare for through clubs and organizations such as the School Play, the Model United Nations Club and STRIVE. Visit our Clubs and Organizations page for more information.

Each year the TCPS high school students also participate in a wide variety of external academic challenges and competitions including competitive sports, DECA, Science, Computing and Financial Literacy competitions. Our students have traditionally performed very well in these competitions demonstrating the quality and strength of the TCPS program. Visit our Extracurricular Competitions page for more details.

How does my child take part in sports?

ESL High School students are fully integrated in Town Centre’s program taking Ministry courses in Health and Physical Education and all students participate in the TCPS High School House program. Students also have the option of joining the Fitness Club and Drop In Lunch Hour Sports or trying out for one or several competitive sports teams.

Who is responsible for my child during their stay in Canada?

International students are required by law to have a legal guardian in Canada. Report cards and all other parental concerns will be communicated to the guardian. Your agent can help you find a legal guardian and complete the required paperwork.

Where will my child live?

Students live in “home-stay” arranged either by the parent, guardian or your agent. The home-stay provider should provide meals, transportation, and coordinate any other needs of your child with you.

Does the school have a dress code? High School students are required to wear the full school uniform while at school. The uniform consists of the school blazer, dress shirt, tie, dress pants for boys, kilt or dress pants for girls, and black dress shoes. Students taking Health and Physical Education will also require the TCPS T-shirt, TCPS shorts and TCPS hoodie. For more information on the TCPS uniform and uniform supplier, visit the High School Uniform page.

What will my child do for lunch?

Students may bring their lunch, order food in, or go to one of the many local eateries within walking distance from the school. The School provides a Student Lounge which is equipped with a microwave oven and a purified water dispenser.

Should we buy a tablet or a laptop?

Laptops are preferred. We use the Office 365 platform intensively, and the best functionality is in the App. Please make sure the underlying language of the laptop is English.

What about keeping personal property safe?

Each student is assigned a locker. They need to get a combination lock and keep their valuables secure.

Should you have further questions, please contact us by email at or by phone at 905-470-8178.